Monday, August 29, 2011

Yes, I am lame. I need to get into the habit of updating more now that my days have slowed down a little. We are still kind of nonstop during the afternoon and evening since soccer and baseball are starting up, not to mention Scouts. Somehow the schedule has worked out pretty well except that Owen's scout meetings are scheduled during one of his soccer practices, so we need to see how we can work that out. Luckily it's only through October so maybe we can alternate leaving soccer practice early and being late to scouts or something.

We just booked a Thanksgiving trip to Mexico, back to the same resort we went to last year. I'm very excited, and happy that our friends just booked up, also. I think the kids are always going to expect to have friends with them on trips now! I need to look for a good deal on a waterproof camera since I am unhappy with our little point and shoot anyway. It just isn't focusing very well any more, and I'm afraid it's a sign that it is wearing out. I bought it back when Owen was in preschool, so it's kind of old by now, I guess! I am also looking into getting some prescription snorkel goggles so I don't miss out on that again due to my handicap. I really wish I could wear contacts again, but I'm scared to try after my eyes got so irritated last time. Maybe I will be brave enough to get that surgery. I think I would be happy in the end, but it is a creepy procedure. I guess that's why they offer you a valium before you go in!

We don't have any special plans for Labor Day Weekend. I am hoping the weather is nice one of the days since we were hoping for one more day at the water park part of Elitch's. Scot hasn't really had a chance to go to that part as much as we did. We also might check out Taste of Colorado downtown, although I am not into the crowds. It can be fun to try the various foods, at least for us adults.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see a new post, Jennifer!!
    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete