Wednesday, September 14, 2011



I have been feeling somewhat scattered since school and sports started up. We have something going on every night between soccer practices and scouts, but luckily most of the time we are done by 6 so it doesn't interfere with dinner too much. We are getting into the routine, though. I am trying to get to the gym again, and have gone to three one hour classes this week so far.

The kids had their first soccer and baseball games last weekend. Unfortunately, most of their soccer games are at the same or similar time, so Scot and I will have to alternate. I watched Owen's game, so this weekend I will take Declan. It was nice to see Owen's team win after the spring, when they didn't win any games. They got moved back one division, and it seems like a much better fit. Owen played well, and even took the ball up for a shot on the goal, which I've never seen him do before. I keep telling him he needs to practice all the positions and not just stay in defense, so I guess he is finally thinking about it. When he moves up to U-11, he has to try out, so I told him he would have a better chance if he practiced playing in both offense and defense. I guess Declan's game went well and he scored 2 goals. Sunday was baseball, and that went pretty well, too. Declan wasn't feeling well, but he did get one hit. Owen also hit the ball out to center field, but unfortunately, the guy caught it so he was out. He got walked the second time at bat. I'm glad he got a good hit since he really struggled with that last fall and got discouraged. I didn't really expect him to want to do it again, but he is on the team with several kids from school, so that is nice. Declan also has a few friends from school on his team, and some are siblings of kids on Owen's team, so he has kids to hang out with for Owen's games, which tend to run longer. It keeps our weekends pretty busy, but I actually enjoy watching them play.

As for me, I'm not doing much besides trying to exercise. I have 3 bags of clothes the kids have outgrown to donate somewhere, but I haven't had the courage to start in with the toys. Some days I just feel like getting rid of it all! I'm helping at the school library for a couple hours on Friday mornings, which is when Declan's class comes in, along with about 4 others, so it gets busy! Owen doesn't have a library time set aside this year, and can just come down when he wants something. He is reading the Percy Jackson series at home, and another book at school, so he really hasn't needed to check one out. I'm going a field trip with Declan's class on Friday to the Botanic Gardens, so that should be fun. We had a ton of rain today, but it's supposed to be nice again by Friday.

I haven't watched very many movies lately, but I did watch I Love You, Phillip Morris, which I enjoyed quite a bit. I am also watching The Good Wife on DVD and really liking that. I am trying to watch Dexter, but the 2nd disc has been on very long wait, so I am only 3 episodes in. There are a couple new series that look interesting, but I'm not sure I will bother with many new ones since shows seem to get cancelled so quickly. I would rather wait and see if it pans out and then watch it on DVD or online.

I am reading The Blade of Shattered Hope by James Dashner. It's the third in a young adult series. The author is writing another series that I started first and really liked, so I am waiting for the 3rd one of the Mazerunner. I also just finished the Rob Lowe autobiography. It was interesting to read after reading Melissa Gilbert's autobiography, in which she goes on and on about Rob Lowe and how they were soulmates, but it didn't work out because of the timing and the trappings of fame. Rob Lowe mentioned her about twice in his book. lol

1 comment: