Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Well, I have to say that it's been so long since I've posted anything, Blogger is all different now.  I did a little updating of my scrapbook site so I think I figured out how to do the things I usually do with the new format.

I have no good excuse for not writing, so I'm trying to force myself to join the world again.  I spend a lot of time by myself during the school year, and it just seems to make me more melancholy, so I'm trying to perk up for summer.  I am proud of myself for finishing Owen's room, which included getting everything out of there so I could paint all walls and clean the carpet.  Owen helped a lot, which was nice.  It's easy for him to do the roller parts with the paint, so I focused more on the trickier spots.  It has been way too hot for painting lately, so I think I finished just in time!

My friend that I've known since 2nd grade just came through town on her cross-country journey.  She is moving from Washington, D.C. to a town near Ashland, Oregon.  She is traveling with her boyfriend who decided to make the move with her, and they seem very happy.  They were unable to find a hotel room here, which was surprising, but I guess there are a lot of fire evacuees staying in rooms, and there is also a big sports tournament in town right now.  They stayed here, which worked out just fine.  Scot and I just slept downstairs in my craft room.  They were worried about the U-haul, but there is parking for that on the main road next to our house.  The only small issue was that her dog was even more alpha than Tobey wants to be, so fur was flying.  We were able to keep them apart most of the time, but it was kind of funny seeing Tobey scared of another dog.  Usually he is the one with the bullying tendencies.  I found a babysitter so we went out to dinner for a couple hours, which was a nice treat.  The kids just don't seem to like sitting around listening to adults talk while eating slowly for some strange reason...I think they were happy to get to stay at home!

We're getting ready for camping and I'm picking up the pop-up rental tomorrow.  The kids and I will leave Friday afternoon and then Scot will drive up after work with the bikes.  It's not really a surprise, but fires were totally banned a couple days ago, so that was kind of a disappointment.  It's a small part of camping, so hopefully we can still have fun and get away from the heat.  Since fireworks are cancelled we'll come back on 4th of July instead of having to get up early and rush out of there on Thursday morning to get the rental back by noon.  I am wondering if there will be any fireworks anywhere since one county has banned the commercial displays so I'm guessing the others will follow.  Also a disappointment but completely understandable and probably the best plan for our state right now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer, I'm thrilled to see your new posting. . . just happened to log on and there you were!
    Bet you will have fun even without camp fires and fireworks.
    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete