Wednesday, April 27, 2011



No coffee today since I figured I wouldn't be able to taste it anyway. I had some Throat Coat tea instead. The coffee is from yesterday, along with one of the many flyers I have to deal with right now from school. There are field trips, special lunches, Field Day, Carnival, Run with Rocky, testing day, special Native American crafts days, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it's all getting a little overwhelming trying to keep track!

I didn't have to do much today apart from getting a birthday present for the party after school that the kids were invited to. I forgot to have them make a card, and since it was right after school, there wasn't any way they could, so I used one of my homemade cards. I walked down after school to help walk with all the kids who were going to the party. It was at the rec center not too far away from school, most of the kids walked in a group. I offered to help with that part of it before I got sick, but it was probably good for me to be out in the fresh air! Yesterday I had yet another dentist appointment, which I had scheduled 6 months ago and forgotten about. Luckily I won't have to go back until Nov., and there is nothing pending to get worked on. I am really tired of dental stuff by now! Declan also told me Monday night that if I wrote a permission note, he might be able to bring home one of the goldfish they have been observing at school for a science unit. He was so excited to actually get one, and it was alive when I went to bed last night. However, we woke up to this:



So I went out to Petsmart and got a small betta tank and a couple betta fish. They are supposedly easier to take care of than goldfish, although they don't live as long. I am hoping they make it through the night, but I'm wondering if I should have gotten the little heater unit, since it does cool off in the house at night right now. There is a red one and a blue one, and they have been named Hurricane and Flame. Flame is rather feisty, showing his gills to Hurricane, who just ignores him and swims away. There is a removable partition in the tank to keep them separated, and if one dies, the other can take over the whole tank!

I finished a book by a new to me auther, Beverly Connor. She writes about a foresic anthropologist, and it was pretty good. One of the ebooks I had on hold came through, so I checked that out and got started on it at soccer practice. It's book 4 of the Rizzoli and Isles series. I will have 1 1/2 hours tomorrow night at Owen's practice, so I should be able to get a lot read, although I should probably spend some of that time walking on the nice track they have around the practice field. It has been so windy for every practice, I don't even want to get out of the car, but surely it has to be nice one of these times!

No comments:

Post a Comment