Wednesday, April 20, 2011



This picture is from yesterday. I was out and about today, and ended up with Starbucks. My first coffee tasted really bad, so I actually went back and exchanged it for another one, which was better.

Monday I had to work during the day, and then it was our usual routine of getting homework/chore/piano practice out the way before having an early dinner so we would be ready for soccer practice at 6 p.m. This is how it goes M-Th., with the added bonus of a piano lesson thrown in on Wednesday after school, and an occasional scout meeting. Tuesday I had an orchestra board meeting, so I was gone all morning and part of the afternoon. Today I took the van in for an oil change and also to find out whether it has a tow package installed. It does, and we can pull up to 3,500 pounds, so now I just need to decide on a pop-up rental for the 4th of July camping trip. Unfortunately, due to recent changes in the on-call schedule, Scot may or may not be able to accompany us. I'm hoping he'll be able to switch with someone, or the new guy will be added into the rotation soon so his week gets pushed ahead by one. The on-call thing is such a pain when it changes all the time due to people quitting and being added in. It would be nice to know for the year so we can plan trips around it, but it's hard to trust it for very long. The kids are looking forward to the camping trip, and we have the site reserved for almost a week, so I will still go, and I knew Scot wouldn't be there the whole time, but I was assuming he would be there Fri. night through Mon. night. It is still early, so hopefully something will work out. I am excited to try the pop-up, but a little nervous to drive with it, especially over the pass. Scot did sign up for the scout overnight camping trip, so he will be able to take the kids on that, even if his on-call shifts by a week. We don't have any other camping trips planned yet, but I hope we are able to fit in at least one more sometime during the summer.

Tomorrow I need to get some Easter goodies and a dye kit. The kids haven't really mentioned Easter much, but I'll at least hide some plastic eggs and have them decorate some hard boiled eggs. I don't really want to get small, annoying toys that they won't play with, so I need to figure out one bigger gift for each, I guess. I have some books that I haven't given out from the Scholastic sale at Christmas, so maybe I will do that for part of it. Declan needs a new soccer ball, since his gets flat every day, so then I just have to think of something for Owen.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that Scot's schedule is so up in the air. . . hope it works out for camping. It's not too hard to pull trailers--just back them up!
    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to rent a camper. I feel your pain with Scot's job. We have never been able to plan vacations ahead for over a decade or more, just the nature of what he does. We're lucky to know a couple months in advance and most times he still has to check in while we're away anyway and it's rare we even go on trips for that reason. It's just too much of a pain for him to do.

    ReplyDelete