Thursday, April 28, 2011



They can't really be seen in the photo, but Hurricane is on the right and Flame is on the left. Luckily they survived the night, so they are already working out better than the goldfish! Flame still cracks me up with all his posturing with his gills while Hurricane doesn't react to him at all.

Today I went right to the Apex after dropping the kids off at school. It seems to work better. I walked for 2 miles uphill on the treadmill, and then spent some time on the exercise bike. They got new ones that are really comfortable. I got a book recommendation from a fellow 3rd grade mom that I saw there, and I was lucky enough to be able to check it out as an ebook, even though the regular book had a bunch of holds on it. It's a mystery series with an 11-year-old as the sleuth. I think he is on book 3 now.

I had a little time at home before I had to run to the store and get some carrot sticks to bring to Declan's Nursery Rhyme Picnic at school. Everyone brought theme food, like Humpty Dumpty Deviled Eggs. The carrots were Old Mother Hubbard's Bones. The kids all recited a nursery rhyme before we ate. It ended right when my library time usually starts, so I went over and shelved books and helped Owen's class find books. I won't be going tomorrow since it's a testing day. Declan has a 15-minute time slot in the morning, and Owen will be there until 11:30, then we are free for the rest of the day. Owen will be going on a sleepover, so hopefully he won't stay up too late since he has a soccer game on Saturday in the late morning (unless it gets snowed/rained out!). This boy is used to getting up really early, so I'm guessing he will not be staying up even if he wants to.

We stayed and played after school for awhile, and then came home to take care of chores and piano practice in time to have an early dinner for Owen's soccer practice. They had their group photo taken, so luckily everyone remembered to wear their uniforms!

No comments:

Post a Comment