Monday, May 9, 2011



On Friday I helped in the library, even though Declan's class was not coming in. They had a field trip for most of the day, which I wasn't able to attend since I was on-call for work. About 5 minutes after I got home from the library, I got the dreaded call that I had to go in. Luckily it ended up just being for a couple hours, but it was kind of a bummer. After I picked up the kids from school, we went to the library, picked up some popcorn and pizza on the way home, and had a movie night. They watched Spiderwick Chronicles, even though they have seen it before. It was nice to know that we didn't have any soccer going the next morning, and I didn't have orchestra like I usually do on the first Sat. of the month.

Saturday I went to a step class in the morning, and then after lunch I took the kids to Elitch's to get our passes activated. I wasn't expecting it to be very crowded, but there were tons of buses in the parking lot from Wyoming, so it was some kind of band/choir outing from a bunch of schools up there. It ended up being really hot, but luckily we couldn't stay more than a few hours. We were meeting some friends there that also bought a pass, and I kept expecting her to call when they go there, and then I finally called and she said she had called a few times. I was irritated with my phone until I got home and there were a bunch of messages from her on our home machine. She had been calling the wrong number all along. Scot was doing some computer work for a friend, but we had planned to go out to dinner for his birthday/Mother's Day and use our Gordon Biersch gift card from Christmas. We fed the kids here and then dropped them off at KT for a couple hours while we had a relaxing dinner. I got my favorite hummus goat cheese salad (which is huge!) and Scot and I split some garlic fries for an appetizer. I also had a yummy pomegranate margarita. I had gotten The Walking Dead from Netflix, so I watched a couple episodes. It is a pretty good show, although very gory. For some reason, Netflix started sending me 3 discs at a time, even though I changed to 2 out at a time awhile ago. I keep checking and they are still charging me for 2, so maybe it's some kind of glitch. I won't complain!



Here is a shot of me with my Mother's Day goodies. I slept until around 10 a.m., which is hard since I have woken up with crippling back and hip pain for the last couple months. I realized everyone was gone, but the kids had left me written clues to find my gifts. Owen made a penguin sculpture out of clay, and Declan made a card at school. Scot got some flowers and an iTunes gift card. I took the kids out for donuts, and then ended up doing some cleaning in the bedroom while watching a movie. Catfish was pretty interesting. It's a documentary about this guy meeting a family through FB. Things are not as he thought, of course. I picked out some Thai food for dinner, so Scot picked that up for dinner. It was a good day.



The flowers are still alive today, no thanks to me. I am really not good with plants. We have some cabbage starters that can probably go in the garden soon. I think we are done with frosts now, I hope. I had to work today, and then it was home for a little while until I had to take Declan to soccer practice. Scot and Owen went to scout appreciation night at the army surplus store and got some goodies for camping, including a hammmock.

Someone is coming to see Dottie on Wednesday. I hope it works out. I warned him that she doesn't really make a good first impression because of her shyness, but he seems o.k. with that. He has an 8-year-old lab and they are looking for a friend for him. If Dottie can get along with Tobey AKA Mr. Bossy, she can get along with any dog!

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've heard of "crippling back and hip pain" . . . I assume it goes away after you get up?
    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had my fave meal at Gordon Biersch! I miss that place! Looks like a great Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete