Tuesday, May 31, 2011



These are the ribbons from Field Day, and the medal from Run with Rocky. Declan came in 2nd or 3rd for his grade and got the medal.


These are some yummy pastries my mom and I got from the French Bakery while she was visiting.

Some goodies that mom brought me. I love those Espresso Pillows from Trader Joe's!

Maybe I can get back on track for June. Things just got really busy for the last part of May, and now today was the last day of school. School got out two hours early, and mostly they just had pizza parties and free time. Declan's class could bring games to play, so he brough Guess Who? He mentioned a game called Thin Ice that he seemed to like, so I'll have to look that one up. After school we ended up going to Elitch's with friends, supposedly only until dinner time, but we actually didn't get home until 8 p.m. It was finally a pretty warm day, but we didn't do the water park part yet since that takes more preparation. I'm hoping to have a more low-key day tomorrow which will include going to the library to sign up for the summer reading program. Owen also has his piano lesson in the afternoon.

Owen ended up getting all 3's and 4's on his report card, so now we have to prepare to welcome a new pet into the home. Al Pacino is still available from the reptile humane society, so we need to start looking for equipment. I was reading more about skink care and was happy to discover that they don't require live animals. They eat mostly fruits and vegetables, and cooked meat. They only eat every other day, and can go longer without food, so if you have to leave for a few days, they can be left alone as long as you have your lights on timers. I originally thought bearded dragons were cuter, but it sounds like skinks are easier to care for and less fragile, so I guess I'm glad Owen ended up liking them best.

I haven't really signed the kids up for anything, but I may do a speed and agility class for the month of June. The other thing they are interested in is roller hockey, but the class doesn't really match with our schedule, so I may just take them to a learn to roller hockey thing they have for free on Fridays. I want to make sure they like it before investing in any equipment or classes. If they do like it, we can try to sign up during the winter when they aren't doing other sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment