Monday, March 21, 2011



Saturday was a crazy day, but we managed to survive. It started early with Declan's first soccer game of the season. The game ended in a tie. Meanwhile, I was at the extra orchestra rehearsal, since I will be missing dress rehearsal during spring break. Then Scot had to drop Declan off at a birthday party and then go on to Owen's first soccer game. They lost, but it sounds like the other team was kind of tough and it was a good game anyway. Orchestra rehearsal ended just in time for me to pick up Declan from the party. It was a bowling party, but they got to play arcade games, also, so he had a lot of fun. They were nice enough to make an extra goody bag for Owen, in case he was able to come. Scot and I decided to go out for dinner with some recorder friends and watch a jazz recorder performance downtown. It was over by 8 p.m., but by then we were pretty worn out and ready to come home. We were able to watch the first party of The Social Network, and had to finish it up Sunday night due to Scot falling asleep. He's been sick and was also on call, so I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.



The kids got up early on Sunday so they could watch the Rapids game that I had recorded from Saturday night. I had them do their cleaning, and I decided to finally clean out the van, which was getting pretty bad. I cleared out all the stuff that had accumulated, threw out the trash, and then vacuumed the inside. I even took it to the carwash since it was pretty dirty on the outside, too. Owen and Declan got invited to play at Standley Lake, so they ended up being gone most of the afternoon. Scot was dealing with on call stuff most of the time, and I ended up being lazy and reading then napping. By the time the kids got home, we had dinner and then Owen worked on some homework and piano, which was torture since he is working on something that is frustrating him and he was getting mad. Luckily it was soon time for showers and bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment