Friday, March 4, 2011



Thursday was kind of a relaxing day since I didn't have any school obligations or anything. My Big Love DVD arrived, so I watched most of that during the day, which were the final episodes of the season. I think the current one is the last, and I can't wait to see what happens! I did go to my exercise class in the morning, and I guess that was about it. I picked up the kids was was trying to figure out what to do for the evening, and then I remember Declan had a scout meeting, so I had the kids try and get their homework/chores/piano done. It was also a school fundraiser at the Wings place, which we had never gone to, so I decided we would do that for dinner. The menu was not so great for Owen, but we did run into two of their friends and mom while going in, so we joined them for the meal. We saw a bunch of other kids from school, also, so that was kind of fun. We went straight to the meeting afterwards, where the kids learned to play marbles and then the leader spoke to them about a Polish holiday, similar to Fat Tuesday but they call it Fat Thursday. He brought some traditional Polish pastries for all the kids. It turns out he was in the Peace Corps and stationed in Poland, which is where he met his wife.



Today was a little rushed in the morning, due to me forgetting I was supposed to make my crock pot meal from Wednesday. I was at the library for 1 1/2 hours and then ran to the store to get some fruit for Declan's president potluck. I came home since I had a little time until the potluck, and realized I needed to get my meal prepared and in the pot. As you can see from the photo, it involved some Guiness, not that you could taste it in the final product. It smelled really yummy in the kitchen all day, which is one of the bonuses of a crock pot meal. I rushed back to school for the potluck, and then came home afterwards to finish watching the Nurse Jackie DVD. The kids also got their report cards today. Both did well, with mostly 3's and 4's. Owen got a few 2's (working towards grade level), which I told him I would like to see raised to 3's (at grade level) for the final report card, but he seems to think that won't happen, even though I know he is capable. I offered a reward if he makes it, and told him he would not be in trouble or anything if it doesn't happen. I told him I was happy to see that he had turned some 3's into 4's and that overall he had a great report card. He's had a tough year, and I would like to see him end on a good note. It has been hard to deal with his negativity, but I am working on changing my attitude towards it. Hopefully it's not too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment