Sunday, February 20, 2011




I guess I was in a mood for the green mug lately! I am way behind since this wisdom tooth set me back a little. Wednesday my friend came over, we dropped the kids off at school, and headed on our merry way to the oral surgeon. I was a little anxious and hadn't slept well the night before, but luckily they were organized and I didn't have to sit around or anything. I had already filled out the paperwork and everything, so I just needed to pay and I was brought back to get started. She hooked up the monitors, set up the music for the headphones (I chose classic alternative), and then she strapped the oxygen thing across my nose and started the nitrous. I remember them putting in the IV, barely, and then I was out for the count. The whole thing took about an hour, and then I was led out the back to the car. We went through the Krispy Kreme drive-thru and then headed home. We came back and watched Salt and I just lay down with the ice pack. My friend had to leave to pick up her kids from school, and then I was on my own until Scot got home. I felt o.k., but just picking up the kids from school kind of wiped me out, so I tried to rest for most of the night. Scot made me some mac and cheese for dinner, since I needed soft food, and comfort food was nice to have, too! I must have slept wrong that night because I woke up with really sore shoulders and back of my neck, but maybe that was partly from the surgery. Who knows how much I was flopping around as they tried to pull that huge tooth out! lol I didn't have to do anything on Thursday but rest. I felt well enough for some coffee and small bites of food, and even walked down to pick up the kids. It was probably too much too soon, since I woke up after a bad night's sleep on Friday morning with my cheek all swollen. I could barely open my mouth and felt the worst of any of the recovery days. Luckily I started to bouce back on Saturday, and today I was able to go my recorder meeting without any problems. I lucked out on Friday because even though it was a school holiday, Declan had a scout field trip and Owen ended up going on a playdate during the same time, so I had more time to rest, in theory. However, the phone kept ringing, and I felt like I had to answer because the kids were not with me so it might be related to them. Scot took the kids out for dinner and got my some more yogurt since I was feeling like I wouldn't be able to eat anything solid again. Saturday I was in better spirits and took the kids to a swimming birthday party. I just read and played with my iPod while they were swimming, so it was relaxing. Today they went roller skating while I was at my recorder meeting, and this morning, we did our usual big weekly clean. Owen re-arranged his furniture and his room is looking nice. I hope he keeps it up! Tomorrow is another day home from school, so maybe we will see a movie or something. We haven't done that for awhile.

I was excited to get the first disc of the previous season of Big Love. It is a fun show to watch. Too bad it's not on Watch Instantly or I could be done already! I am still reading The Four Stages of Cruelty and also The Uglies, which is a young adult novel I got from the school library. I think it's part of a trilogy. One of the other library volunteers read the series and enjoyed it.

There was a print sale over the Super Bowl weekend, so I got some more of my scrapbook pages printed. I am really glad I decided to go with the 8X8 size. I just need to get some albums now to put them in.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better, Jennifer.
    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your ordeal is over and you survived! LOL I've had teeth pulled twice, never a fun time. This last season of Big Love is just cray-zay! I'm so sad the show is ending.

    ReplyDelete