Saturday, February 12, 2011



My two favorite drinks. I rarely drink anything other than water, especially while I'm at home. I never did get into soda, which is probably just as well!

I slept in this morning since we didn't have anything going on. The kids originally were supposed to have an afternoon playdate, but last night at the dance the mom said that she had to babysit for her neighbor, so it wasn't going to work out. Luckily I hadn't mentioned it to the kids, so they don't know what they missed out on. Scot and I couldn't really do anything since he is on-call this weekend, and I was on-call for work starting at 4 p.m. Then I got a call that someone was sick so I had to go in instead of being on call. After I got there it became clear that the person who usually closes wasn't feeling well, and I felt bad making her stay until 11, so I ended up closing. We were pretty busy most of the night, since everyone was going out for Valentine dinners.

I have been leaving notes and little pieces of candy for the kids in their paper Valentine baskets at night, but otherwise, we don't do too much for Valentine's Day. I bought a heart-shaped cookie pan, so I was planning on making a big cookie for the kids to decorate, but I think that will have to wait until Monday since I have CPR training all day tomorrow. I got them a few little gifts for Valentine's Day, also. I have to work Monday, but the night shift person is supposed to come in a little early so I can get to school to see some of the kids parties. I am taking next Monday off since it's a school holiday, and I'm sure the kids don't want to spend it stuck at work with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment