Tuesday, February 1, 2011



I do have a photo from today, but it's not handy and I wanted to get this up before I forgot, since I already skipped yesterday! I was at work yesterday and didn't expect to have time for coffee since it took me forever to get there. The roads were icy so traffic was slow, along with the drop-off lane at school, so I was running behind. It turns out the owner was working, so she went out mid-morning and got us Starbucks. I had a yummy caramel macchiato. I stayed most of my shift and then hung out in the lobby at school until the kids got out. It was definitely too cold to be waiting outside or in the car! They had already cancelled school for Tuesday. We went home and had some hot cocoa. My small recorder group was going to come over that night, but decided not to due to the weather.

Today I got to sleep in a little bit, and then we went to the Apex so I could exercise. I didn't make it in time for a class, so I just did the treadmill and some weights. We came home and I told the kids if they finished their chore early we could go out to lunch. They picked Panera, so we had a nice lunch there. We came home and had a lazy afternoon, but after dinner Owen had some school work to do since I am guessing school will be back on Thursday, which is when his weekly homework is due. His scout field trip for tomorrow was postponed until next Wednesday since school was cancelled again.

The third book in the Rizzoli and Isles series came in for my e-reader today, so I need to get that loaded up tomorrow. I am almost done with Dragonfly in Amber on the e-reader and am still reading Taroko Gorge. I was talking with my KT boss and she seemed really surprised that I read multiple books at one time, but I assumed everyone did that. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a certain book, or maybe one is handy while the other one isn't. I try to keep one in my car in case I am ever stuck waiting somewhere.

I'm starting on Season 2 of Fringe on DVD, and also got caught up in a show my mom told me about, a documentary type show about climbing Mt. Everest. I already watched season 1 since it's available through Netflix watch instantly. I am really wanting to see The Social Network, so I hope that video is available soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment