Friday, February 4, 2011



This morning was my volunteer library time. I didn't go Wednesday since school was closed. I come in at that time because of Declan (it's his class library time), but I kind of wish it was later! There is a class I used to like going to at the Apex at 9 a.m. I went out to Target afterwards to get two more sets of drawers for the closet, and also ended up getting some Valentine stuff for the kids and a new crock pot. Ours has been missing a lid and it's hard to clean since it's all one piece but you can't get the cord part wet. The new one has a removable part that you cook in so you can take that part out and clean it or even put in the dishwasher.

After I picked up the kids from school, we went to the library since I had to return a couple books. I finished Taroko Gorge just in time, and Owen had to return his beloved Big Nate book. I checked out three new books, and I also got the 3rd Tess Gerritsen book for the e-reader, so I've started on that. The kids were excited to get some new Goosebump videos. They love those cheesy movies! Owen also checked out a book about the history of the SuperBowl, and he's very excited for Sunday's game. I have been reading an old childhood favorite of mine, M for Mischief, to Declan, and he seems to be liking it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jennifer, I can even see the cover of M for Mischief in my mind! Can't quite remember what it was about, however. Who is the author of the Taroko Gorge book?
    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taroko Gorge is written by Jacob Ritari. I got it in the new release section at the library, but it's a paperback. M for Mischief is about the magic stove and when you turn the dial to M and cook something, it makes the food do something magical.

    ReplyDelete