Monday, January 10, 2011



I thought today was going to be an empty coffee cup day, since I had to go to work first thing after dropping off the kids. I am supposed to try and be there at 9 a.m., which is difficult when I can only drop the kids off at 8:45 at the earliest. Since there was bad weather today, the drop-off was slow, and the drive up to word was slow. No time to stop for coffee--and I definitely did not get there at 9! However, it was slow, and the mid-shift person came in before lunch, even though she was told to come at 1, so I offered to leave early.

I picked up the kids after school and I could see right away that Owen was upset. It turns out he had a hard time in gym during four corners floor hockey. Some girl really had it in for him, and he doesn't handle playing with competitive people very well. I don't really know the whole story, but I tried to tell him he needs to walk away from people if they are bothering him, not throw a huge fit, which only makes them want to bother him more, I'm sure. Luckily he only has one more day of gym for this rotation. We decided to meet some friends for sledding, which might not have been the best idea given Owen's mood, but Declan had fun. Owen was having trouble with his sled and getting all mad, and then I was getting all mad because there was another sled he could use but he wanted to just keep complaining about his. We did play our new Skip-Bo game after dinner, so he was feeling better by then. Declan won twice in a row, so I'm guessing he'll want to play that one again.

I am waiting for some e-books that I have on hold to become available, so I picked up The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest again. It is my copy, not from the library, so it always seems to get shoved aside since the others have a return date. I still need to watch the movie of the 2nd book, and I'm sure the 3rd movie will be out on video soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment