Saturday, January 29, 2011



This is a photo of the Owen's little spot that he cleared out for his pinewood derby cars and awards. Too bad we don't know where his older cars are, but I'm sure they'll turn up! I think this was his favorite year since he got the trophy, and last time he came in first as a Tiger, he only got the medal. Guess it depends on who is buying the prizes! Declan was pretty happy to get his trophy, also, for his very first race. We went out for a donut afterwards since last year they had some there but not this time, and the kids were disappointed. Our upcoming blue and gold banquet is pot luck, so I guess they are trying to save money.

We spend some time at the park while Scot was shopping at Costco and getting a haircut. It has been nice weather for the last couple days, but I am still hoping for more snow! I told the kids that after they finished their chore/homework/piano we could play a game, so Declan picked out Yahtzee. They hadn't played the real version before, but seemed to do o.k. Owen wanted to play Doodle Dice, but I told him we had to wait until tomorrow since it was bedtime by that time.

Oh, and I got the new shoe rack in the closet, and just need to get two more sets of drawers to finalize the restructure. Then I can focus on getting the new mattress!

No comments:

Post a Comment