Friday, January 21, 2011



Yes, I missed a day. I forgot to take my photo yesterday. Oops! This photo is from today, when I finished Mockingjay. Now I will be curious to see the movie they're making out of the first book in the Hunger Games series.

I did get a chance to see Eat, Pray, Love, and much like the book, I enjoyed the Italy and Bali parts the best. Since yesterday was Thursday, and bowling night for Scot, the boys and I had an early dinner and headed off to the pool. I got some reading done, and they had fun going down the slide a bunch of times. Today they had a testing day at school, which meant Declan had to go in for a 15 minute time slot, and Owen was there for 2 1/2 hours. He was very excited to get his recorder for music class. He keeps asking me about other notes, but I told him he was probably only going to do the left hand notes. He did get some nice low C's, though! Since we had the afternoon free, I decided to take them to Sports Clips to get their hair cut. They were not happy with Fantastic Sam's last time, so I figured it was better to go to a place that only does male hair. As luck would have it, Sports Clips is right next door to a Lamar's Donuts, so of course we had to stop in afterwards for a little treat...

Tonight I made the dinner that I was going to make for Bunco, which was quiche, fruit salad, and muffins. I ended up making two quiches, one with broccoli and mushrooms, and the other was 1/2 cheese only and 1/2 ham and cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Was Mockingjay the book that took place in Taiwan?
    I just got a copy of Ice Cold by Tess Gerritson and read it in record time!
    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete