Saturday, January 22, 2011



One of the things I accomplished today was gluing Owen's walking stick back together. Unfortunately, the wood glue had dried up, so I had to use Elmer's. Not sure it will hold, but we'll see! We also went to Home Depot today to get the spray paint for the pinewood derby cars. They are due to be turned in on Wednesday for weigh-in and voting. The kids did the painting today, and tomorrow will put on the decals and the wheels and weights. I guess one good thing about switching back to our original pack is that Owen is one of only 4 Bears, so he won't have much competition in his division!

Someone came to look at the car, and is coming back tomorrow for his wife to drive it also. Hopefully they will want it. We are taking a lot less, but since we aren't willing to fix the check engine light problem, we can't ask for much. He seems willing to deal with it, so I have my fingers crossed...

We also went to the mall to try out the Sleep Number mattresses. It's pretty cool how you can adjust it so easily. We both picked somewhere in the 40's, but it's kind of hard to tell when you're not really sleeping on it. You can return it within 45 days, so we should be able to tell by then if there's a problem. Now we just need to figure out what we want to do about the frame. You can get basic legs or metal frame from them, or use your own. I'm not sure about getting a headboard/footboard, or just the legs. I don't see how a plain headboard is much different than just having the head of the bed against the wall, but I guess it's for looks mostly. Maybe we can find a cheap set used or something. Scot thought we should move the old bed downstairs to my craft room, since I don't use it much for crafts anymore. I might be o.k. with that if we just keep the mattress and just get a basic frame for it, maybe something on wheels, so that I can move it around easier if I need to make space in there. I also showed Scot the drawers I wanted to put in the closet to make up for losing the under bed drawers. We are not using our bedroom closet space very well, so it will be nice to get that more organized, also.

2 comments:

  1. I love ours. It isn't the "sleep number" brand but another one, Comfortaire. They were cheaper at the time. http://www.comfortairedirect.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun to plan around with all the bed stuff. I wouldn't mind a mattress in your craft room and I'm sure you can arrange it so it's kind of out of the way (and even use part of the top and the draws underneath for storage).
    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete